Saturday, April 10, 2010

Free Hugs


Three years ago I traveled to Montreal. In the corner of a crowded street I saw a man with a big card board which was written on that "Free Hugs". At first I wondered, and it seemed funny .Many people came to him, and he hugged them for minutes. He believed that people sometimes feel lonely and need someone to hug them a warm hug. The hug showed sense of kindness and selfless, and he performed just to make others feel better. I became carious to know more about that. I found in his website, Free Hugs campaign which offer hugs to strangers in the public places. This idea was started by an Australian man, Juan Mann. When he came back to his hometown, he had been depressed and felt lonely. In his opinion:
"Knowing that a simple act of human kindness can mean So much to someone in a time of need inspires me to keepOffering free hugs". (Juan Mann)
He believed sometimes a hug is all what we need. Free Hugs campaign became famous internationally in 2006, and international Free Hugs Day is celebrated on the first Saturday of July.

3 comments:

  1. interesting ! it showes that how much human being needs love.thank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very interesting to me but I saw people who have AIDS do this to assure other who are safe for hug

    ReplyDelete